Terms and Conditions of Use
“Free shipping” or other similar offers is valid in the 48 contiguous states (NOT in Alaska or Hawaii). If you need to ship product outside the United States please call for options. Products usually ship within 1-2 business days, but cannot be guaranteed. If a product you have ordered is out of stock or “back ordered” with the manufacturer you will be notified and you will have the option of keeping or canceling your order.
Expedited shipping requests will be accepted before 2:30 PM
Mountain Time. Any orders placed after
that may ship the next business day.
ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO THE SCANNER EXCHANGE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
These Terms and Conditions apply to all services provided by ScannerSolutions.com in connection with certain equipment (the “Equipment”) identified by you as covered by this program (the “Maintenance Program”).
Description of Services
1. The Maintenance Program is available for selected high-speed document scanners. A mandatory 30-day waiting period to enrollment in the Maintenance Program is required for scanners not covered by a manufacturer or ScannerSolutions.com warranty at the time of purchase. Refer to www.ScannerSolutions.com.com for a complete list of eligible scanners.
2. If you have Equipment covered by the Maintenance Program, you are entitled to one year of toll-free technical support, a dedicated technician, and Next Day scanner replacement service.
3. To receive a replacement scanner, you must call the ScannerSolutions.com Utah service center to receive authorization. The service center will be open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time (MT), Monday through Friday, excluding national, Utah state and ScannerSolutions.com holidays. Once authorization has been received, a replacement unit will be shipped Next Day service, arriving no later than 3:00 p.m.
4. Authorization for shipment MUST be received before 3:00 PM MT for same day shipping. Requests received and logged by ScannerSolutions.com after 3:00 PM MST will be shipped to you on the next business day.
5. The replacement unit will be of similar function to the Equipment, and the replacement will perform pursuant to the manufacturer’s specifications. All replacement units are refurbished.
6. In the event that ScannerSolutions.com determines that your Equipment is not defective, you agree to pay ScannerSolutions.com the current “No Trouble Found” fee.
7. Once the replacement unit has been received, you will have five (5) business days to return the defective Equipment to ScannerSolutions.com’s Utah service center. In the event the defective Equipment is not received within the five (5) business days, you agree to pay ScannerSolutions.com’s then current daily rental charge, for a unit of similar function, until the Equipment is received at the ScannerSolutions.com service center.
8. The Maintenance Program covers scanner failure encountered in the normal course of business according to the manufacturer’s specifications and duty cycles. In the event the Equipment has failed due to abuse, your modification, neglect, abnormal operating conditions, operating conditions not within the manufacturer’s specifications or duty cycles, or other damage caused by external forces, you agree to pay ScannerSolutions.com for repair services at the current rates for parts and labor in addition to any maintenance fees under this Agreement. Any parts or assemblies damaged, missing, or otherwise unserviceable as a result of operation other than normal use, and are required for proper operation of equipment, will be replaced and paid for by you at the current rates.
9. If you have Equipment using consumable rollers, you will receive one (1) complementary set of replacement rollers during the life of the Agreement when requested by you.
10. ScannerSolutions.com will pay all freight expenses, obtain and provide you with freight tracking information, obtain freight insurance in the amount of the cost of the replacement item sold, and shall bear the risk of loss during shipment for the replacement unit. ScannerSolutions.com may provide, at its sole discretion, a prepaid return shipping label which you may use to return the defective unit. In the event that ScannerSolutions.com does not provide a return shipping label, or you do not use the label provided, then you will pay all freight expenses, obtain and provide ScannerSolutions.com with freight tracking information, obtain adequate freight insurance and shall bear the risk of loss during shipment for the failed Equipment.
General Maintenance Program Terms
1. Term of Agreement. The minimum maintenance term applicable to each unit of Equipment is one (1) year, commencing on the date an online request for maintenance services is ordered, unless you and ScannerSolutions.com agree in writing to a different term, and provided, however, that you have paid all applicable service charges for that term. The term shall automatically renew for additional terms matching the original term (“Renewal Term”), unless terminated in writing prior to the end of the term by either party. For example, if you purchase a 2-year Maintenance Plan then upon completion of the 2 year term, the Maintenance Plan will renew for an additional 2 years. The renewal may include changes to the Terms and Conditions of this agreement, the service charges, or the units of Equipment covered, as mutually agreed in writing by you and ScannerSolutions.com.
2. Definitions and Limitations. ScannerSolutions.com reserves the right to adjust service charges and/or to decline certain service levels, at ScannerSolutions.com’s reasonable discretion, based upon equipment make and model or equipment location. As used herein, the phrase “Business Day” shall mean 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. MT, Monday through Friday, excluding national, Utah state, and ScannerSolutions.com holidays. As used herein, the ScannerSolutions.com service line shall mean 877-705-7226, or such other number as ScannerSolutions.com may notify to you in writing or post on its website.
3. Equipment Covered. ScannerSolutions.com shall provide maintenance services only with respect to the Equipment specified by you on ScannerSolutions.com’s online registration form or which may be later by the written agreement of the parties. You shall provide ScannerSolutions.com written notice (30) days in advance of i) any modification or alteration to the Equipment, or ii) any change in the location specified, and in the event of any such change, ScannerSolutions.com may, in its reasonable discretion, terminate its maintenance, or reinstate the agreement by substituting the modifications described in i) and ii) above. If, in response to your request, ScannerSolutions.com renders services to any of your equipment, or at any location, other than those specified, you agree to pay ScannerSolutions.com for such services at ScannerSolutions.com’s current rates for parts, labor and expenses, in addition to any maintenance fees under this agreement.
You represent and warrant that the Equipment has been, at all times, operated under site conditions within the environmental range specified by its manufacturer and has been, at all times, operated within its manufacturer’s specifications and duty cycles. In the event of a breach by you of any warranties contained in this section, or in the event any of the representations made by you concerning the Equipment are inaccurate, ScannerSolutions.com may, in its reasonable discretion, terminate its maintenance with you or elect to continue to provide services under the agreement without waiving its right to later terminate the agreement.
4. Limitations of Remedies and Liability. ScannerSolutions.com warrants that all maintenance services provided shall be performed in a workmanlike manner in accordance with accepted industry standards. Other than this warranty, ScannerSolutions.com makes no warranty, express or implied, whether statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or intended use. ScannerSolutions.com shall not be liable for performance delays or for nonperformance due to causes beyond its reasonable control. For any material breach of these Conditions of Use by ScannerSolutions.com, your remedy and ScannerSolutions.com’s liability shall be limited to a refund of related service charges paid during the period of breach, up to a maximum of twelve (12) months. The remedies provided herein are your sole and exclusive remedies. Except as provided in this section, in no event will ScannerSolutions.com or its subcontractors be liable for special, incidental, consequential, or other damages, whether based in contract, tort, or otherwise, including, without limitation, claims for loss or corruption of data or lost profit.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ScannerSolutions.com and DoxTek from and against any loss, claim, or damage made or asserted against ScannerSolutions.com or DoxTek by that party’s officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, clients, or customers, which claim, loss or damage in any manner relates to your agreement with ScannerSolutions.com and the services rendered hereunder. The indemnification provided herein shall survive the termination of your agreement with ScannerSolutions.com.
5. Payment. Payment is due from you upon receipt of ScannerSolutions.com’s invoice, unless Payment terms have been extended by our credit department. ScannerSolutions.com may assess finance charges and/or terminate its maintenance agreement with you if you fail to pay charges due within thirty (30) days of invoice. You shall pay any and all sales and/or use tax liabilities which may become due in connection with your agreement with ScannerSolutions.com. If you claim exemption from any such tax, you shall provide ScannerSolutions.com an exemption certificate or similar documentation to support such exemption. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ScannerSolutions.com and ScannerSolutions.com from and against any claims or demands for such taxes, which indemnification shall survive the termination of your maintenance agreement.
For your convenience and to reduce administrative costs, ScannerSolutions.com will charge your credit card for the purpose of paying the annual service fees for renewal terms of the Agreement, and any other fees which may become due under the Agreement, until the applicable Agreement is terminated or cancelled, whichever occurs first. This authorization will remain in full force and effect during the terms of this Agreement until cancelled by ScannerSolutions.com, or until ScannerSolutions.com receives my written revocation at 264 W Center St., Orem UT 84057.
Cancellation or revocation of this authorization, or stopping any payment hereunder, does not affect any other payments authorized prior to the date of such cancellation or revocation. In the event that agreed upon payments are not made through my credit/debit card account, you agree to promptly pay ScannerSolutions.com from other payment sources. You represent that you have the authority to make this authorization.
6. Termination. ScannerSolutions.com may terminate any agreement with you for maintenance services upon forty-five (45) days prior written notice to you. In the event of such termination, ScannerSolutions.com shall refund to you a pro-rated portion of the maintenance fees paid for the unexpired portion of the maintenance term, provided that the refund shall not exceed seventy-five percent (75%) of the total maintenance for that term. During any Renewal term, you may terminate the maintenance agreement upon forty-five (45) days prior notice to ScannerSolutions.com. If you provide notice of termination to ScannerSolutions.com within thirty (30) days of the commencement date of the Renewal Term, ScannerSolutions.com will make a full refund of service fees paid for the Renewal Term. If you provide notice of termination at any time after thirty (30) days, ScannerSolutions.com will refund the service fees to you, in proportion to the portion of the Renewal term which has elapsed.
MISCELLANEOUS TERMS APPLICABLE TO ALL WEBSITE SERVICES, SALES AND MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS
a. These Conditions of Use, together with any additional written forms submitted online in connection with a ScannerSolutions.com sale or maintenance program, contain the entire agreement between you and ScannerSolutions.com with respect to the sale or maintenance program and supersede all prior and contemporaneous oral or written proposals, negotiations, conversations, and other communications between you and ScannerSolutions.com. These Conditions of Use shall take precedence over any other terms contained in documents exchanged by you and ScannerSolutions.com in connection with a sale or maintenance program.
b. No modifications of these Conditions of Use or waiver of any of its terms will be effective unless set forth in a written document signed by both you and ScannerSolutions.com.
c. If any term of these Conditions of Use is held to be invalid, the remainder of the Conditions of Use will remain in force.
d. Any agreement relating to ScannerSolutions.com shall be considered performed in Utah and all questions regarding the validity, intention, or meaning of these Conditions of Use or any modifications of them shall be construed and resolved under the laws of the State of Utah (without giving effect to its conflict of laws principles).
e. If either you or ScannerSolutions.com brings a legal action or proceeding against the other relating to a sale or maintenance program, such legal action or proceedings must be brought in the courts of the State of Utah. ScannerSolutions.com may obtain all costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred in pursuing legal action. You expressly consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts of Utah County, Utah, and specifically waive any objection to disputes regarding or relating to your agreement with ScannerSolutions.com being litigated solely in those courts.
f. Any agreement with ScannerSolutions.com may not be assigned or transferred by you to any other party without the prior written consent of ScannerSolutions.com.
g. Accounts not paid within 30 days are subject to a 1.5% monthly finance charge (18% per annum) .
h. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all notices required to be provided to Scanner Solutions.com shall be sent to DoxTek, Contracts Administrator, 264 West Center Street, Orem, UT 84057, or such other address as Scanner Solutions may designate on this site or to you personally.